Re: Where do you set NLS_LANG

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:54:23 +0700

1. Fix export NLS_LANG in Script to start Application
Example: http server apache: if you start by "apachectl" file
modify apachectl file by adding
export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.TH8TISASCII

2. user profile (user use start application)

if you use oracle user (linux)

$ vi ~oracle/.bash_profile
and add

export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.TH8TISASCII

Or in /etc/profile  file

by the way, check  NLS_LANG environment before start application

$ env | grep NLS
$ export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.TH8TISASCII
$ .... start app

Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com