RE: VIRUS ALERT, do not open attached ZIP file from Oracle-L member

  • From: "Ian Cary" <Ian.Cary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:30:41 +0100

I believe this is one of the symptoms of the Netsky virus which replicates
itself by spoofing the email addresses in the infected users address book
and sending the virus attachment to all the other users in the address boo.
If you receive an email like this chances are it won't have come from the
person whose address it purports to be from but someone with that address
in their address books.

Cheers,

Ian

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications
Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the Office for National Statistics