Re: User permissions/rights on DBMS host when using NTS

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin.Herbener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:46:26 +0100

Hmm,

I'll agree that I've not observed this likely for the reason you mention. My
memory was that essentially all nts authentication did was to verify that
the account issuing the request had a valid domain authentication
token (i.e. not to the server).It maybe of course that by excluding the
Domain Users group - you'd have to do that explicitly as you say - then you
are signalling to the server not to accept standard authentication tokens
from the domain. In such a case I'd *hope* that the creation of an "Oracle
Users" group on the domain should allow users in that group to successfully
authenticate. I'm assuming that the aim here is not to allow everyone access
to the db, to use windows authentication, and to avoid the expense of
advanced security? Again I'd be hopeful that that was possible, but would
suspect that alternatives would be easier.

Niall Litchfield
http://www.orawin.info/

--
Niall Litchfield