RE: Use of the quote / apostrophe in text fields

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:23:54 +0000

In sql, or in sqlplus?

If the latter how about set colsep # (or whatever).

If the former how about replacing

Select col1,col2,col3....
With

Select col1||'#'||col2||'#'||col3 ....

Two quick thoughts rather than actually work on a Monday morning.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission
+44 117 975 7805

This email contains information intended for
the addressee only.  It may be confidential
and may be the subject of legal and/or
professional privilege.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copyright or use of this
communication without prior permission of
the sender is strictly prohibited.