Re: ***Urgent help needed with PL/SQL array ****

  • From: "lale obradovic" <cika.lale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jdunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:18:56 +0200

Hi,

Can you write your own varchar2 array instead of using the dbms_sql?
I forgot 8i syntax, but you should look in the doc if you have something
like this:
subtype my_varchar2_type is varchar2(32767) (available in 9i - max 32K)
type my_type_v2 is table of my_varchar2_type index by pls_integer;

Lale

On 9/13/06, John Dunn <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using a dbms_sql.varchar2_table to store records from a utl_file read.

The problem I have hit is that varchar2_table in dbms_sql is defined as
varchar2(2000).

I ugently need to be able to define an array that will hold more than 2000
characters.

Platform is Oracle 8.1.7

Can anyone help?

John