Re: Unix Windows differences

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: michael.hennesy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:35:01 +0000

Michael

The same broad approach will work but there are some differences. The new
home will get a new registry tree (under HKLM\Software\Oracle ) and you use
oradim to create and delete the windows services for the database. The
autostart or not nature of the database is an attribute of the service (and
oradim will set it), The Oracle Home that runs the service is determined by
which Oracle Home oradim was run from to create the service.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA