Re: Undo Usage and Read consistency - ORA-1555

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:56:04 -0700

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Nancy Iles <nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have sporadic ora-1555 on an exceptionally simple statement that occurs
> frequently in the application. How can you analyze why this tiny, simple
> statement is causing an ORA-1555? The statement is:
>
> SELECT RESV_NAME_ID , RESORT FROM RESERVATION_NAME   WHERE CONFIRMATION_NO
> =  :1

Is an appropriate index being used by the SELECT?

Normally I would expect to see something such as CONFIRMATION_NO to
be accessed via indexed lookup, but it doesn't hurt to confirm that.

Barring that, have you tried running a 10046 trace on that statement so
you can see what is taking place to satisfy the query?

Lots of guessing here, because there isn't really much to go on in this
post.

Jared