RE: Two Interesting Scenario in 11g RAC

  • From: John Hallas <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:12:40 +0000

We use DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE FOR STANDBY FROM ACTIVE DATABASE and our
DBID's are the same.  I've checked both RAC and non-RAC standbys (both 11g).
Not experienced the second issue.  Are you still transporting and applying
logs.  Check the alert log and broker log.  Maybe you could post the spfile
info and output from the following commands:

show configuration verbose;
show database 'primary' verbose;
show database 'standby' verbose;