Re: Top three "Security's Heaviest Hitters"

  • From: "Kevin Lidh" <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:39:59 -0700

To me, including Bill Gates as a heavy hitter in security is akin to Time
magazine's Person of the Year.  It doesn't imply that they are the most
ideal person, just the most influential.  When I bought my son's PC for
Christmas, I installed Windows XP SP2 which I thought was the latest and
greatest.  I turned on the auto update feature and 36 patches later, he was
set.  I doubt that Microsoft pioneered the patching mechanism they use now
and being told my system is going to reboot automatically seems vaguely
similar to a denial of service attack...but for my own good.