RE: To do or not to do (export)?

  • From: "Hostetter, Jay M" <JHostetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "David Ballester" <ballester.david@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:39:18 -0400

Your export from Sunday is still quite handy for recreating a dropped
user, recreating dropped PL/SQL, fixing privileges that have been
changed, etc.  I always make sure that we have daily export (often times
with ROWS=N) for this purpose.  You can always import with SHOW=Y to
find the commands that you need.

Jay