RE: Temporal Databases

  • From: "Pratap Singh -X (prsingh1 - Abacus at Cisco)" <prsingh1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:33:42 -0500

Temporal databases are time enabled databases. This does have overlap to
Oracle flashback query but it is mostly used in data warehouse reference
where database has columns like effective_start_date, effective_end_date
so that snapshot as of certain point in time can be constructed.
PB Singh
Tech Project Manager
Ph: 408 424 2777