Tahiti is offline now

  • From: Milo <xueyuan.luo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 11:19:41 +0800

Hi, All
As many of you may or may NOT notice that: tahiti site(tahiti.oracle.com) has
been redirect to docs.oracle.com .
Tahiti offer a simple and easy search interface. One can do a search within 3
steps(typing keyword, press search button, choose document version).
Now, in my opinion, it's very less efficiency:
First, it's it use a lot of step for doing a basic search on Oracle database
knowlegde.
Second, from direct link on search pages from different version:
10g R2: http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage
11g R2: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/index.htm
12c R1: http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/index.htm

from above 3 links, no easy rules for user to remember.

And BTW, I think Oracle should give customers a list of what previous doc bug
has fixed and when the new doc released should info customers.

Best Regards,
Milo