Swap Leak on Solaris 9 and a posting from last year by Grzegorz Goryszewski

  • From: "Mark Strickland" <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:34:10 -0800

This past weekend, we patched our Production Sun servers with Solaris
patches and the Oracle DST patch.  On two of those servers which host
standby databases (one server for physical, one server for logical), we are
seeing swap space gradually drop down to almost nothing from 14-GB.  Just
had to re-boot one of the servers and the other one is not far behind.  A
Google search came up with a posting on this list from last year from
Grzegorz Goryszewski who was experiencing the same thing.  Grzegorz, are you
monitoring this list still?  Did you find a solution?  Has anyone else seen
this behavior?

Regards,
Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA