Re: Storing and running a sql script in the database.

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 21:43:59 +0200

If you are running 11.1.0.7 you can check the preprocessor-feature of external tables.
It might give you everything needed:
first write down your stored script into a file using a DIRECTORY,
execute sqlplus as preprocessor with the proper parameters (login!) and the script,
parse the created file as external table.

Never tested, just thought about it.

might it help,
 Martin

Am 03.04.2009 um 20:41 schrieb Jared Still:

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx > wrote: ILogically, it seems that I should be able to store the 5 line script "as
is" into the database and run it.

Well, maybe someone can enlighten us with a simple
way to do this - I can't seem to think of one myself.

It might be possible to pipe this to sqlplus out of dbms_scheduler.

You may want to check that out, I haven't looked closely
at it myself.

Jared Still