RE: Step down - EE to SE

  • From: "Hand, Michael T" <HANDM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:18:33 -0400

Jared, Rich, Paul,

Thanks for the feedback.  DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS was a good
staring place, but is only available in 10g.  Also there is no
distinction between EE and SE features.  As mentioned I have both EE and
SE installed and my assumption is that if the feature works under SE, it
meets the SE licensing requirements.  Proved that by trying to create a
partitioned table on SE and get a ORA-439 error.  I'm more concerned
with AWR/ADDM and other tuning / advisory features.  Packages used by
these and the EE Tuning Pack (dbms_sqltune) are installed under my SE
instances as well as EE.  So using the underlying packages is OK??  I've
got to have a talk with my rep.

Mike Hand