Re: Sqlnet / database links / advanced queueing - most unusual problem

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:56:53 -0400

Something funny for sure. But it is tough to buy.  I don't believe AQ will
read tnsnames at runtime, even it stores propogation infor into tables (if
set-up).

My only theory is it could be that all the required environment variables
are not getting set correctly. Perhaps the listener is starting with wrong
environment variables?

We run multiple 9208 and 10104,10202, 10203 databases from their individual
homes on same server, we have never encountered this problem.

Have you talked to support yet?

rjamya

On 4/12/07, Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 The problem occurs when using Oracle's Advanced Queueing.  AQ'ing is
using the 8i tnsnames.ora file.  I know this, as we started to get
ora-12541 errors when the AQ processes were running.  After 2 days I could
not figure out why, so on a lark I changed the 8i tnsnames.ora file, where
it was incorrect, and then AQ'ing  started to work.   And yes, AQing is
using the same link as I was.

So what I am seeing is AQ'ing is using the 8i tnsnames.ora to resolve the
link and non AQ processing (snapshots, sqlplus, etc) is using the 10g
tnsnames.ora to resolve the link.