Spanish-language Oracle resources?

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 07:19:17 -0500

List,

I have a colleague who is working to become an Oracle DBA. As we've noted on
this list before, an Oracle DBA needs to be a good reader. Unfortunately,
his first language is Spanish. My assumption is that he can learn faster
with Spanish-language materials, so should exhaust those first. I'm assuming
with time, his English reading skills will improve with practice and having
grasped concepts by reading Spanish, when those concepts are later
encountered in English they will be re-learned more easily. Let me know if
there is a better idea.
    I know a few people who participate on this list are from
Spanish-speaking countries. Can you point me to Spanish-language resources?
  - Does Oracle make its documentation available in Spanish? I poked around
but no joy so far.
  - I went into Amazon.com, searched for the word Oracle and using Advanced
Search restricted the search to Spanish books. This yielded quite a few of
the great classics which have been translated into Spanish. Do you have any
other ideas where Spanish books on Oracle can be obtained?
  - Are there any good web sites?
  - Any good discussion groups? Again, this list is great, but is conducted
in English.
  - I notice that when I search for a web page with Google, and the language
on the page isn't English, Google helpfully offers to translate the page.
I'm guessing there is a way to get Google to offer to translate a page into
Spanish? Since Oracle uses many common English words, is auto-translation
even worth the trouble?

Thanks for any tips.
Dennis Williams