Re: Slow performance... urgent help required

  • From: Saad Khan <saad4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:31:12 -0500

The snapshot was taken in 5 minutes.

if its waiting for the latches, how can I resolve that?

Also one thing more, I saw "dbfile scattered reads" when I ran that query
while the session was in "waiting" mode.

USERNAME
EVENT
SID
P1TEXT
P1
P2TEXT
P2                     WAIT_TIME              SECONDS_IN_WAIT
STATE
------------------------------
----------------------
----------------------
---------------------- ---------------------- ----------------------
-------------------
NIKU                         db file scattered
read                                           204
file#
3
block#
2190                   0                      0
WAITING
NIKU                           db file scattered
read                                           325
file#
9
block#
38785                  -1                     0                      WAITED
KNOWN TIME
NIKU                           db file sequential
read                                          313
file#
12
block#
420154                 -1                     0                      WAITED
KNOWN TIME
NIKU                           db file sequential
read                                          322
file#
22
block#
598136                 0                      0
WAITING
NIKU                           log file
sync
24
buffer#
2727
0                      0                      0
WAITING