Re: Sizing Undo tablespace

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:12:10 +0800

Hi Hrishy,

You could check this Metalink Note...

How To Size UNDO Tablespace For Automatic Undo Management
      Doc ID:     262066.1

You'll get from the note the query below:

SQL> SELECT (UR * (UPS * DBS)) + (DBS * 24) AS "Bytes"
FROM (SELECT value AS UR FROM v$parameter WHERE name = 'undo_retention'),
(SELECT (SUM(undoblks)/SUM(((end_time - begin_time)*86400))) AS UPS FROM
v$undostat),
(select block_size as DBS from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name=
(select upper(value) from v$parameter where name = 'undo_tablespace'));

- Karl Arao
http://karlarao.wordpress.com