Re: Simple question (I think)

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zanenj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:22:04 -0700

On 8/2/06, Zanen, dhr. J.A. (Jack) van <zanenj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

This is what needs to be done:
We have a website in a DMZ that needs to access data in our databases
that are behind a firewall.
I have never had to deal with DMZ, firewall issues before, so I ask this
list for some advice

Neither have I.

Which is why I would start with MetaLink Note *152133.1.*

SECOND question.

Is this a good way to go through the firewall? Or are there issues with this way of doing it. Furthermore hwo did you solve this.

Poking holes in your firewall is not generally considered a good practice.

See the note I mentioned, then do further searches on MetaLink.

-- Jared Still Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist