Re: Shared server tuning

  • From: Barbara Baker <barbarabbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 07:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

Aaron:
I'm having exactly this problem.
My beloved yapp reports that I've depended upon for
the last couple of years now only report 1 thing --
tune MTS.  The virtual circuit status waits are so
high that nothing else stands out.

I've been round-and-round with Oracle about this.
Oracle is absolutely insistent that virtual circuit
status is an "idle" event. They have offered no
assistance at all. I've been using an mts report from
Tim Gorman's web site for a couple of  years.  Like
your system, mine shows little activity for either the
dispatchers or the servers.

If dedicated sessions are an option for you, leave
shared server (mts) behind in the dust.  You'll be
much happier.

If you continue to use shared server and ever find any
relief, please let me know what you come up with.

Best of luck!
Barb