RE: Shared Server

  • From: "Nick Yonko" <nyonko@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:15:59 -0700

I have solved my own problem and thought the list would like to know.

I am running Oracle 10gR2 rel. 3 on SLES 9.  I am unsure why, however, the
default value for the local_listener parameter, which is
"(ADDRESS_LIST=(Address=(Protocol=TCP)(Host=localhost)(Port=1521))
(Address=(Protocol=IPC)(Key=DBname)))" would not register my dispatcher with
my listener.  I modified 'localhost' to the FQDN of the machine and voila -
I was getting shared connections in v$session.  I am not sure why
'localhost' didn't work, but I will work on that one next.

I also have the value 'NONE' in the SERVER field of the v$session view,
however, that is only for sessions that already have a 'SHARED' value in the
SERVER field and are making multiple connections.

  _____