RE: Serializable isolation level behavior question

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:52:21 -0700

I'm guessing that a TRUNCATE TABLE is a special situation, and that a
DROP TABLE would probably have the same effect since they are both DDL -
maybe the serializable isolation doesn't apply to them like it does to
DML statements such as DELETE.  Did you test with a DELETE instead of
TRUNCATE?  That should definitely give you the expected result.