Securefiles

  • From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:00:36 -0600

I'm looking at securefiles as a replacement for lobs in a large database that has some performance issues and would like to hear some real-world experiences, both good and bad, for those who have implemented securefiles as a replacement for lobs.

Specifically

   * If you upgraded to 11g from 10g and from lobs to securefiles, what
     are the keys?
   * What performance gains have you seen?
   * If you are using compression, what space savings are you experiencing?
   * If you are using encryption, any tips/traps?

I'm reading Oracle's literature/documentation with a grain of salt...

Regards,
Daniel Fink

--
Daniel Fink