Re: Secret Decoder Ring for kernel stubs?

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:21:36 -0800 (PST)

  From the message which is quite common in 10G archive trace files
it would appear that this is the function which is called to wake up the
  You might find the full form in ora-600 lookup tool but I haven't checked that

Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Curious, is there a good resource to "unabiguify" kernel stub names? Granted,
they are undocumented because Oracle does not want anyone to hack their
software, but surely somebody knows what all those names translate to, or what
they are used for. I have a very curious streak, so while I would not be able
to do anything the knowledge, I simply want to know.

For example, what is kcrrwkx, and what is it used for? For context, see bug

Charles Schultz

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
  M: +61 402 792 405