Re: SRDF and Oracle Rac 11gR2

  • From: Matthew Zito <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:00:44 -0500

It's been a while since I looked at a customer configuration for SRDF with
RAC, but if I remember correctly, the way to do it is to mirror just your
ASM diskgroups for your databases, and leave your quorum and voting devices
unmirrored.  Then you create separate clusters with the same databases with
the same disk names on either side of the replicated environment and go
from there.

The reason you don't just mirror everything is that IP addresses and host
names get stored in the OCR, so you won't be able to bring up your far side
servers unless their hostnames and IP addresses match (which is often
unrealistic in DR scenarios).

Does that make sense?  Like I said, I haven't seen this hands-on in a
while, a relic of my increasingly distant days of actually touching things.
 :)

Thanks,
Matt