Re: SQL/T or maybe it's SQL T?

  • From: Denis <denis.sun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

The only time I have to use SQLT is per Oracle support request. I guess because
SQLT output is in HTML and including everthing like execution plan, stats etc,
it is easy for them to check. Like in the case that they like RDA ( I admit I
gave them RDA but myself never look into it).  Other than that, not much
of use.
Simply checking execution plan, and tables, columns, indexes stats and at most
10053 trace will do the job.

Usually I can find problem SQL from database itself, v$sqlarea or statspack/awr
top sql section, not neccessarily from dev. Acutally most of time dev in my
site
has no idea how their sqls work.

BTW, you need to install sqlt package in your database.

Denis