Re: SIEBEL PERFORMANCE RBO to CBO

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:44:08 -0600

Paula,

I don't know Siebel, but I'd be curious what the vendor's recommendation
toward CBO is.
Also, you might mention your version of Siebel, that might make a difference
to the Siebel experts on the list.

Dennis Williams

On 2/3/07, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have made a number of changes to optimizer parameters and generated
statistics in our Siebel database migrated to 10g from 8i (i.e. rule-based
to cost-based optimizer).  However, we still see significant response time
differences between the two versions.  I am thinking of using outlines to
make Siebel on 10g behave and have the same execution plans as Siebel on
8i.

Has anyone else had experience in doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Paula

It's here! Your new message!
Get new email