Re: SID and Service Name

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:18:05 +0530

Interesting
Which privs has been assigned to the said user

On 7 Jul 2011 19:53, "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone, somewhere asked me if users connecting to a database using SID in
the tnsnames file actually got connected to the SYS$USERS service. I have
lost my note of where I was asked this, but oracle-l seems likely. The
answer is (at least in 11.2 on Windows) yes. I apologize if this is
meaningless to everyone. In the output below SID is my sql prom tnsalias
with SID specified in connect descriptor - niall is the service_name
variant. I've only edited the output for domain name.

SQL >conn niall/niall@sid

NIALL @ sid >select service_name from v$session where sid = (select sid from
v$mystat where rownum = 1);

SERVICE_NAME