SAP Oracle Database Restore

  • From: Roger Xu <wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:08:08 -0600

Hi,

We had a legacy SAP database (2.1 TB) and the people who managed it are all
gone. Now I have a task to restore it from tapes.

Sun Solaris 9
Oracle 9i
SAP 40B
NetWorker 7.1 or 7.2
Legato NetWorker Module for SAP on Oracle 2.1
Quantum M1500 tape library
LTO tapes

According to the backup log (/oracle/SID/sapbackup/bebsvyuz.anf), the backup
was done on 10/22/2009 and it used 5 tapes.
Any idea? My thoughts is:
1) scan all 5 tapes using "scanner -m" command for media index (do I need
file index?)
2) use brrestore to restore all the oracle data files
3) use brrecover to recover the database

Am I on the right track? Can you let me know the commands whould be like? I
think the brrestore command would be: brrestore -m full -b bebsvyuz.anf
........ how abover recovery?

Thanks,

Roger Xu