Re: Restore DB from Physical Standby Backup

  • From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pavan kumar <pavan_843@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 14:18:06 -0600

Pavan, I am not trying to create a new standby database. I'm trying to
create a primary database from the backups produced from the standby.

Tony, I tried applying a dozen logs after the backup was completed and
still no luck.

Timur, the BACKUP DATABASE command does that automatically. It also
archives the log following the backup and includes that in the backupset.

Ajay, I seemed to have luck with using NOREDO on testing of my system but
when I tried to use it against the database I am trying to fix, it is not
making any difference. I don't get the error about file 1 needing more
recovery but when I go to open the database with resetlogs, I get the error.

Seth Miller