Re: Restarting dead background process QMNC ...

  • From: Bala <oratips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>, outlawdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:48:08 -0500

Thank you very much Yong and Ellis --  I did the following reading through
the notes

"If AQ_TM_PROCESSES is not specified in versions 10.1 and above, QMNC only
runs when you have AQ objects in your database" -- so basically i removed
this parameter, and let oracle decide -- now the startup and Shutdown times
have improved to under 3 minutes.

Thanks again.
Bala --

--