RE: Resricting no. of sessions based on OS user.

  • From: "Hallas, John (EXP N-ARM)" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Krishnadas.Chathamath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:52:36 +0100

Sessions per user within dba_profiles. Either create a new profile
(recommended) and alter the default profile

alter profile new_profile limit sessions per user 3  (or something very
similar)

If you really needed to do it at an os level then can it be changed at
the os level itself or write a logon trigger that checks v$session for
the os$user and does a count

John