RE: Remove backups taken with a different channel type

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx'" <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:48:13 -0500

Hi Alan,

You should be able to do something like:

allocate channel for maintenance type 'sbt_tape' parms
'SBT_LIBRARY=oracle.disksbt,
ENV=(BACKUP_DIR=/u01/app/oracle)';
delete noprompt force obsolete device type 'sbt_tape';

obviously change BACKUP_DIR to a directory that exists on the machine...

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.

Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services
7031 Columbia Gateway Dr,  Columbia, MD  21046 | * 443.285.8000x2760 | 7
443.285.6505