Re: Remote Materialized View containing joins

  • From: Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:09:37 -0400

Hello Roger,

What does your explain plan show for the following query ;

SELECT s.rowid "sales_rid", t.rowid "times_rid", c.rowid
"customers_rid",c.cust_id, c.cust_last_name, s.amount_sold, s.quantity_sold,
FROM sales@remotedb s, times@remotedb t, customers@remotedb c
WHERE s.cust_id = c.cust_id AND s.time_id = t.time_id;
If your remote tables are comparatively much bigger than the
local tables, you could choose the driving_site hint and let
the remote site be the driving site of your query. As always,
you need to check the explain plan difference.