Re: Recovery wants backup piece no longer available

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 13:40:44 -0600

Sorry, when the fire alarm went off, I hit the wrong keys and it sent
before I was ready.

I have only one backup, a Level0, of those missing tablespaces. They were
set to READ-ONLY several days prior to the LEVEL0 backup. I successfully
restored the tablespaces plus SYSTEM, SYSAUX, and UNDO. When I try to
recover, it prompts for a LEVEL1 backup taken 6 days earlier. That backup
not only expired in Netbackup, but the tapes have been overwritten. I
can't open the database because it wants to do recovery on the SYSTEM
tablespace. I also do not have archivelog backups from that time. We
don't keep them longer than 5 weeks and it's been 10.

Any suggestions on how I can get this test database open and export the
data from the READ-ONLY tablespaces? I opened a ticket with Oracle Support
over 2 hours ago, but they haven't picked it up yet.

Sandy

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Oracle 11.2.0.2

Over 2 months ago three READ-ONLY tablespaces were inadvertently dropped.
I am now tasked with recovering just those three tablespaces into a test
database where we can extract the data we want and get it back into
production. Customers are complaining because they can't reconcile POs,
and rightly so. One tablespace contains a single day's POs so we're
missing only three days of data.

I have only one backup, a LEVEL0

--
Sandy