(Re): Really Wierd Query tuning issue

  • From: "ryan gaffuri" <ryan.gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:10:02 -0400

I thought

'set autotrace on' was already correct? It was just 'explain plan for' that
could be inaccurate?
I'll check the trace tomorrow. I think you are right about the full table
scan vs. the index scan.

I did a unique scan and retrieved 1 record. The index is 1 block. So it
should be two LIOs. One to read the index block and 1 to read the record in
the table. Wierd that an 'order by' would coax oracle to do the right plan.

The table fits inside one 1 MB extent. Any idea how to calculate how many
expected LIOs for a full table scan? If I do:
1 MB / 8192 block size I get 125, which is just about double my 63 LIOs?