Re: RMAN without a repository and a total site loss

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: junk4trash@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:01:07 -0700

On 5/2/07, Alex zeng <junk4trash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another benifit, Autobackup of controlfiles will take a backup of your
controlfile immediately when you add a new datafile. If you don't backup the
controlfile after datafile changed, you will need more steps to add the new
file when restoring.

This is new to me, or at least I can't remember reading it.

Just created a new tablespace in 10.2.0.3, and sure enough,
there was a new snapshot controlfile in OH/dbs.

--
Jared Still