RE: RE: Trace Analyzer Scripts

  • From: "Jamadagni, Rajendra" <Rajendra.Jamadagni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:50:46 -0500

Ryan,

Respectfully I disagree ... it gives much more useful information than tkprof
alone... IMHO. On many occasions I have found 'trace analyzer' to be more
useful than tkprof.
Now, only if I could make that thing go faster .... I haven't tried it in 10g
yet, but I use it on a regular basis in 9i.

John:
GTT is a good idea, but you must remember that one *must* finish all analysis
in the current session. i.e. once you do initial analysis, if you want to do
specific cursor level analysis, do it in the same sqlplus session. If you
forget and exit, you have lost the data and you have to start all over again.

Raj
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements;
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !