RE: RAC installation conflagration

  • From: "Henry Poras" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:46:09 -0400

Well, I've got a working model which I'm not going to test at the moment.
Our current thinking is that since the raw device (/dev/raw/rawN) is a
virtualized device linked in to the underlying one (/dev/emcXXXX), perhaps
the kernal did not immediately pass the permissions down the line. Doing the
manual change to /dev/emcXXX and changing it back again gave it a kick to
apply the changes. If I see this again I'll try restarting the rawdevices
(/sbin/service rawdevices restart).

Henry