RAC and LMT

  • From: todd.sheetz@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:49:59 -0500

We are currently on Oracle 8.1.7.3 on VMS and are starting the planning to
upgrade to 9.2.0.5 later this year.  Early next year we are planning on
implementing RAC.  I have heard/read that LMT are required for RAC.  We
are currently on dictionary managed per vendor mandate but will be able to
use LMT by the time we go to RAC.  My (long winded) question is whether
the DBMS_SPACE_ADMIN.TABLEPSACE_MIGRATE_TO_LOCAL is good enough to
implement LMT for RAC.  I understand that we won't have all the positives
of LMT, but we are currently at 1.75 terabytes and I would not be looking
forward to exporting and importing it tablespace by tablespace.
Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Todd Sheetz
Senior Database Administrator
Aurora Health Care

Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him. -- Obi-Wan
Kenobi