RE: RAC File System Questions

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <oraclelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:16:17 -0500

I'd recommend ASM. There is safety in numbers and that is where the numbers
are. I also get the feeling that ASM is Oracle's strategic direction for
shared storage. I know I'm going to take some flak for this but I've seen
some flakyness with OCFS & OCFS2. Creating a file, putting data in it on one
node, the contents aren't immediately visible on from the other node. Stuff
like that. ASM is solid as a rock. Especially 10gR2.

   _____