RAC ASM question

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 07:49:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi

  I am building a RAC environment which will host 3 Application Database. I am
planning to create 4 Oracle Home  like one for each Database and 4th one for
ASM. This way I can patch any one without affecting others.
  1. Now in order to ceate the Database in ASM, Can I create seperate Disk
Group for each Application Database or I should create one big Disk Group.
  2. What are the advantage/disadvantage of creating multiple diskgroups.
  3. Is it good to create seperate Diskgrroup for each Redolog, Archivelog,
Flashback and Data

  TIA
  Sanjay

Need Mail bonding?