Re: RAC 10.2 + Sun Cluster 3.1 + QFS

  • From: "Limin Guo" <lguo.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:25:44 -0400

I found the information from SUN. SUN StorEdge QFS support all types of
Oracle RAC files. Here is the url for SUN documentation.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-0583/6n30h62v7?a=view

Thanks Kevin, for your detailed explaination.

Thanks Alex, I will read the blogs later.

Limin.

On 6/8/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, for your datafiles you can use CFS, AMS or combination of both. Likewise, for FRA you can use CFS or ASM.

If you want to mirror using ASM be careful - there is quite a flaw there.
<shameless_plug>I have recently did couple posts in the blog -
http://oracloid.blogspot.com/2006/05/vldb-with-asm.html and
http://oracloid.blogspot.com/2006/05/flash-recovery-area-on-asm.html.
</shameless_plug>

This is of no concern if you don't plan to let ASM do the mirroring
between two failure groups (like two storage boxes).

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://oracloid.blogspot.com