Re: Question on larger than 30 char entity in 12c

  • From: Phillip Jones <phil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hithanan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 01:20:15 +0100

Hello,

Just because the size of a given datatype has increased does not mean that
every single column of that datatype is going to increase to that limit.

For object names the limit is still 30 bytes, or 128 bytes for database
links, as documented:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16655_01/server.121/e17209/sql_elements008.htm#SQLRF00223

Cheers,

Phil