Re: Question on SQL*Net message from client

  • From: "Eric Jenkinson" <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Harvinder Singh" <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:17:39 -0500

On 5/10/07, Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Problem statement is that "we are running one of the batch jobs from
application server to database and it suppose to take about 2-3 min but
taking about 20 min".

So I ran the 10046 trace and since we are using connecting pooling we got
lot of trace files and I thought there is a problem in trcsess so I am
getting wrong result but then I ran the tkprof on individual files and
following is the sample output of one of the files and it shows that this
idle event is causing lot of delay and we need to know what can be the
possible reason and it is not consistent on particular query and always
takes longer time on some different query. Wait event is consistent about 2
sec for every query and for one query time was 66 sec:

Is the client machine experiencing problems that is preventing a timely
response? As already stated earlier, the database is waiting for a response
from the client.