Re: Query hangs suddenly

  • From: "Ram Raman" <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:57:47 -0600

Thanks.

If it has not waited for anything since then should it not be producing the
results. What is it doing then? Sorry I dont get it.

On 2/28/07, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 12:13 PM 2/28/2007, Ram Raman wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We have a query which is run everyday and was running OK till last
>week. The query starts hanging for the past 2 days when run. Oracle
>is 9.2.  We run this query for today's date ("audit_stamp" - See the
>comment on the query) or yesterday's date and it returns data
>quickly. But when the audit_stamp is older than the past 2 days, it
>hangs. The cost from the plan in all the cases is the almost the
>same using autotrace traceonly.
>
>Here is select from V$session_wait for the session:
>
>        SID EVENT
>----------
>P1TEXT
P1
----------
>P2TEXT
P2
----------
>P3TEXT
>P3  WAIT_TIME
>---------- ----------
>SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
>--------------- -------------------
>         51 SQL*Net message to client
>driver
id                                                        1413697536

>#bytes                                                                    1
>
>0         -1
>             543 WAITED KNOWN TIME
>
>I do not understand why it waits for "SQL*Net message to client".
>Thanks.

It is not waiting. The status is "waited known time". The last known
wait event was "SQL*Net message to client" and it hasn't waited for
anything (instrumented) since.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation