Query does not finish

  • From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:00:41 -0300

Hello,

I would like to know why does it happen:

I have a scheduled process in Jboss, that calls a java application and it
sends a SQL to the database.

All threads from JBoss were canceled and the SQL is still running. If we
does not kill it, it stays there running for a week and does not finish.

Note : If we run the SQL manually , via SQLPLUS, it runs fully, return data
and complete the execution.

My doubt is  :

How can I indentify , in the database, looking to the v$session, v$sqlarea
and others views and get some information for making decision  (for sure)
in order to Kill de session,
It spend a lot of database resource and cannot keep executing for a week.

I imagine that the session cannot give a return to the listner , because
the Jboss were canceled.

Does anyone have a query to identify it.

Regards
Eriovaldo