Query against V$SESSION hangs on 10g RAC systems

  • From: "Dean" <snowman327@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:55:21 -0600

We recently had a locking/blocking problem on two different 10.2.0.3 RAC
systems.  I ran a query similar to below to get more information:

select sid, serial#, program, module, action, username, osuser,

sql_hash_value, machine, event, blocking_session

from v$session

where status='ACTIVE';

About 1 out of 5 times this query hangs.  When it hangs, it waits for
exactly 60 seconds on "DIAG idle wait" and then returns the result set.  If
I remove the blocking_session column, this query runs fine and never hangs.
Has anyone run into this or have any ideas why this would happen?