Problem with Patchset 9.2.0.7 on AIX-5L

  • From: "Stephen T Murphy" <SMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:28:08 -0500

We recently upgraded our server running AIX 5.2 and Oracle 9iR2 EE from
9.2.0.6 to 9.2.0.7

So far, no problems have been found on the database server side BUT as a
result of this upgrade, the Oracle HTTP server which ships with the
database will no longer start and that puts modplsql and more
importantly for us, HTML-DB out of commission. We have opened a Tar and
have been working with Oracle but with no progress. I have replicated
the error on other boxes, and it is definitely caused by applying
9.2.0.7.

The error messages we are receiving all deal with the inability to load
modplsql.so and and the symbols pw_post, pw_wait, pw_config and others
not being exported. It is my understanding that all of this PW stuff was
used in AIX-4 and is not needed in AIX-5L, al least up to and including
9.2.0.6, and we do not have any of them on our system.

Has anyone seen this problem?

If you use modplsql, be careful.

--
----*